Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Drains & Sand are all thats on my mind....

I have been spending more hours then I should reading all these great blogs. I am so impressed with everyones success, I know I will also be a success story. Ok so the other night I was talking to my mom and informing her of some "new" information I received about the actual procedure; I'm scared to death of surgery and I read that there will be a drain tube/bag WTF??? I cant be having all that, and on top of that I have to have an Epidural...I'm not giving birth!! LOL, so the other night I was reading a blog and she went into detail about the damn drain tube/bag, OMG I was sick!! And on top of that she said the worst part of surgery was A. the drain tube and B. the taking out of the drain tube. Funny, I have to push my fears down real low so I can make it thru this!!
On a lighter note, I'm getting excited about my impromptu mini vacation to Cancun...me and my girl thats it, 4 days on the beach drinking and eating. I really enjoy traveling, I wish I worked in the travel industry or was really rich so I can travel day and night (with my kids of course).

6 comments:

  1. what is a drain tube? I didnt have that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have a drain (specifically called a JP drain) and yes it was a pain, and probably the worst part about recovery in general. I had mine for 6 days post-op. BUT, you can DO this and a couple of days of pain is so worth the end result! I'm adding your blog to my list so I can keep checking on you, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila it was your post that did me in!!! LOL...funny...ok ok I'm still doing what I have to, I have had a baby with NO pain meds so I think I can handle this. I'm just really squeamish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stef you had Lap Band surgery thats why you didn't have the drain tube, I think the put it in to make sure the staple line of your stomach is not leaking. ewwwww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just found your blog and look forward to reading it. I'm having the gastric sleeve on 1/11 (!!) and will not have a drain tube. I did, however, have two for a back surgery in 2004. I didn't feel them at all while they were in (didn't see them, either, as they were on my back, haha). Taking them out was *creepy* feeling but not too painful or gross. Don't freak yourself out over it. :) It's no biggie. High yuck factor, low torture factor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't have a drain. But, I understand you worrying about one. That was the one thing I didn't want! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete